Sunday, December 13, 2009

What's been going on!

Well I don't really have any pictures right now, but just thought I would update
real quick.
We had a nice Thanksgiving. This year was a little different for my family.
With Dad being in the hospital we just had the Fig's at my mom's for breakfast. We then
went to Nathan's for dinner with the Duncan's. Jerry's brothers were in town, it was good
to see them.
Emili and I did a little "black friday" shopping. We went later and missed the crowds.
The girls and I went Wedding Dress shopping with Candace a few times. She finally
decided on one. Not in any rush to do this with my girls.
We have had some birthdays in the family- Happy Birthday to Zachary (Nov. 30) Mom (1st) Josh (10th) and tomorrow is Chance (14th). Chance and Cris also had an anniversary (11th).
We were able to go to Bronson's farewell. It was such a nice meeting. Cory, Jerilyn, Austin and Bronson spoke. They all gave really good talks. Bronson left this past Wednesday and is going to Des Moines Iowa. I know that he will be a great missionary and what a
blessing this is for him and his family.
We have been keeping busy by going to the hospital, babysitting, wedding stuff and Scott
has been doing Tithing Settlement.
An update on my dad - On Thanksgiving night they moved him from the ICU to the 6th floor.
When we left that night he looked good and seemed peaceful. We were laughing that he was
showing his 2 fingers to us. The nurses ask him to do this regularly and I guess he must have
wanted us to know he could do it! By noon the next day, he was having a really hard time
breathing and not doing to well, so they moved him back to ICU. We were now in pod b.
He had a feeding tube and a trache (sp) put it. He looks so much better with out all those tubes and stuff around his face. He seems to be much more comfortable this way too. This past Tuesday (8th) they transfered him to a long term facility where they will wean him off the ventilator and do a little rehab with him. He looks sooo much better. The nurses at his "new"
place and in ICU have all been wonderful. It helps to know that he is being well cared for. It is hard sometimes to see him and know how frustrated he must be and I wish he could just talk and be home! We just keep hearing the word patience, man that is a HARD thing. Again, our family is very appreciative of everyone's prayers and thoughts.
Ok well before I start crying again, I am going to stop. Sorry that this "quick" update turned out
to be sooo long. I will try and post pictures later this week.

No comments: